AR 15 101 - 2 day course
Prerequisite Class(s): None-entry level course
ALL students must show photo ID at Sign-in, regardless of age!
The AR 15 101 course is intended for anyone regardless of your previous shooting experience. Design to take you from knowing nothing about firearms to being comfortable with a firearm. Upon the completion of this course, you will have the fundamental understanding of the practical skills required to use your rifle effectively from distances up to 100 yards. These skills include shooting from both the standing and supported shooting platforms and the use of cover and concealment. You will learn the proper way to handle a firearm, disassembly, assembly, cleaning, and nomenclature, basic marksmanship, firearm safety and range safety and a qualifying course of fire. These courses fill up fast so sign up ASAP! 2 day course
Lecture Topics include:
Use of deadly force and the law, color code of mental awareness, civil liability, weapon and ammunition selection, zeroing, sight adjustments and more.
Firing Range Drills include:
Loading and unloading, carrying and the ready positions, shooting stance and assumption of supported positions, sight alignment, sight picture and trigger control, target identification and engagement from 7 to 100 yards and more.
Firearm and Equipment Requirements:
- The weapon must be fully functional, have all factory-installed safety devices intact, and no dangerous modifications (such as a “hair” trigger less than 4 pounds, removed trigger guards, etc.)
- The weapon’s caliber must be a rifle round of at least 5.56/.223 and have an attached sling.
- The weapon must have a stock, not a wrist or forearm brace, as the rifle will be mounted to the shoulder throughout the course.
- Electronic hearing protection is mandatory for all courses.
- Impact resistant eye protection is mandatory for all courses (if taking a course with both day and night firing then you must have eye protection for day and night use)
- 3 magazines for your rifle
- Elbow and knee pads are strongly recommended.
- Some type of magazine pouch on the belt is strongly recommended
- 16 or 17 years old, are welcome to take the class alone as long as a parent or guardian is onsite at all times, the parent or guardian can be enrolled in a different course or in the same course.
- Minimum age is 11 years old if taking the course with a parent or guardian, the parent or guardian MUST be the one working with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only ONE child.
- Children age 10 and under are not allowed to take the courses.
- Unattended minors are NOT allowed on the property. They must be escorted by a parent or guardian at all times or be enrolled in an appropriate course.
FACTORY NEW AMMUNITION ONLY- NO EXCEPTIONS
Due to the potential liability and hazards of using reloaded or remanufactured ammunition, all ammunition used for these courses must be New, Factory-made ammunition.
- We require the use of jacketed bullets.
- The bullet design may be full metal jacket (FMJ), total metal jacket (TMJ), jacketed soft point (JSP), or jacketed hollow point (JHP).
- Rifle ammunition CANNOT have a steel jacket or steel core.
- Steel jacketed bullets
- Steel core bullets
- Lead bullets with no jacket
- Armor piercing, tracers or any other incendiary ammunition
- Chesapeake Ammunition’s NiPac 9mm
Bring the following quantities of new, factory-made ammunition for your course.